Contact Form


Earlier this week, Pebble kicked off CES 2014 by announcing a high-end version of its popular smartwatch called Pebble Steel.

The Pebble Steel, as the name indicates, is made of stainless steel. It's available in two colors: brushed stainless and black matte. Like the original Pebble, the Pebble Steel is waterproof and has a battery life of 5 to 7 days. the e-paper display is the same but now the screen is protected by a strong layer of Corning Gorilla Glass. The weigh is 45 grams, two grams less than the original Pebble.



The Pebble Steel will ship with both metal bands and a leather strap. According to Pebble CEO Eric Migicovsky, who spoke to CNET, the Pebble Steel is designed to be a more formal version of the original Pebble.
CEO Eric Migicovsky describes Steel as a more formal version of Pebble: "I'm going out for dinner, I'm wearing a suit, I've got a position that doesn't allow me to wear a plastic watch on my wrist. How do I benefit from a smartwatch? How do I get notifications and run all the apps that Pebble offers without having to put something that I don’t prefer on my wrist. We took that as an industrial design problem. It wasn't really a software problem…We just had to build an aesthetically different Pebble."



Pebble also announced that it’ll be launching the Pebble appstore in the end of  this month. The company is also partnering with new companies to introduce a playback control app for Pandora, ESPN sports stats and box scores, and a car stats monitoring app from Mercedes.

The Pebble Steel is available to order today on the Pebble website for $249, a $100 premium over the existing Pebble watch. It will begin shipping on Jan. 28.


Source: Getpebble

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post