But now it has changed with the advent of digital cameras and the adoption of mobile devices seriously for this technology, Apple was the first that has giving the interests to that. As is the case with iphone 5s.
So the result often the Camera Roll take a lot of storage space. Now we w'll learn how to delete photos from iPhone?
To know how much storage space taking up the Camera Roll. On your iPhone, head to Settings > General > Usage. Photos & Camera is likely to be at the top of this list.
Tap into any item in the list to see more details on how much storage space it's taking up. The items will be listed by how much storage they occupy.
How to Delete Photos from iPhone
How to Delete a Single photo from iPhoneFrom iPhone's home screen click "Photos" icon.
In iOS 7, the Photos app automatically organizes photos into Collections, Moments, and Years. This view method continues with iOS 8.
When you tap on a photo in Years, Collections or Moments view, it opens and giving you options to either Edit, Share or Delete it. click on the "trash can" icon in the botton right corner of the screen to delete it and confirm.
How to delete multiple iPhone photos at onceThere are two methods to delete multiple photos from your iPhone. The first is you have to select manually each image you want to delete, while with the second way you can select a set of images by one click.
To remove multiple photos by selecting each one separately:
From Photos app go ahead to the Camera Roll, once you are in the Camera Roll section, tap on the “Select” button in the upper right corner, to enter selection mode, then select all photos you wish to be deleted.
At the bottom right corner of the screen click on the "trash can" icon to delete them, and confirm.
How to quickly delete multiple iPhone photos at once
The second way to delete multiple photos at once, it is very faster than the previous method, so is allowing you to select a set of photos by one tap, rather to select each photo separately. This is done by "Moment" view.
To do that enter to Photos app then tap the "Photos" tab at the bottom of your screen. to appear with you Years, Collections, and Moments view, then directed to a specific collection, wearer you will get on "Moments" view.
Once you are in the "Moments" view, tap on “Select” button in the top right corner, to notice all the photos in that Moments view are selected, you can also deselect all those photos by tapping on the “Deselect” button.
After selecting tap on the "Trash Can" icon at the bottom right of the screen, and confirm deleting photos.
How to delete all iPhone photos at once
Actually, there are many users asking on how to delete all iPhone photos at once or by one click, but it seems that can't be implemented through your iPhone that running iOS 7 or later, this was possible in iOS 6 from "Usage" setting under "General" section, to pick "Photos & Camera", and will appear with you the storage space of your iPhone's Camera Roll, Photo Library, and Photo stream. Then swipe on Camera Roll item to show the Delete button, clicking on that button lead to deleting all photos from your iPhone’s Camera Roll.
How to delete photo albums from iPhoneClick Photos app then tap the "Albums" at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Once you are in Albums section tap "Edit" button at the upper right corner of the screen.
- Usually you will get a red circle in front of albums that you have created, unlike Camera Roll and Photo Steam albums. Tap the red circle icon that associated with the album you want to delete, then you will get a big Delete icon to the right of the album.
- Tap "Delete" and Confirm that you want to "Delete Album".
- last step Select "Done" at the upper right corner of the screen.
How to delete photos from iPhone by using Windows computer
This way is very quick and simle. Connect your iPhone to a computer.
- Choose Start > Computer (My Computer).
- Double-click the iPhone logo to browse its camera folders.
- Navigate to Apple iPhone/Internal Storage/DCIM/100APPLE.
- Manually copy the Photos in this folder to your computer, in case you want to keep them. For deleting select all, then delete.
How to delete photos in iOS 8
Photos app has known a number of improvements in iOS 8, like iCloud Photo Library, smart adjustments, Hide Photos, in addition to several new albums like Slo-Mo Videos, Recently Added, Recently Deleted, Favorite, that will make browsing of those albums contents very easy.
"Recently Deleted" albumNow Photos app in iOS 8 with "Recently Deleted." album gives you the ability to recover the recent deleted photos in case you’ve deleted them accidentally. You will note items in Recently Deleted album have an indicator shows the time remaining for the photos to be permanently deleted. By default 30 days after being marked for deletion.
How to delete photos and video permanently from you iPhone and iPad in iOS 8
- Open the Photos app from the Home screen.
- At the bottom right corner tap on the Albums tab.
- Go ahead to Recently Deleted albums tap on it to open it.
- Select photos or tap the photo you want to delete, then tap on "Delete" option at the bottom left corner.
- It will appear with you a popup informing you that "this action cannot be undone." Tap on "Delete Photo" to confirm.
"Recently Added" album is not a substitute for Camera Roll albumAs for "Recently Added" album is contains the photos or videos that you have added in the recent 30 days, you hove to know Recently Added is not a substitute for Camera Roll album, so is not contains all photos that you have in Photos app, this available from collections view.
How to delete or remove photos from iPhone by using Mac and Windows PCsImport the Camera Roll to your computer (Mac/win:xp/vista/7/8) and choose to delete items after import.
How to remove synced photos from iPhoneYou can sync photos to your device by two way:
- Open iTunes and connect your iPhone.
- Click the iPhone button in the upper right corner.
- Click the Photos tab.
1. From a folder on your computer to your device
Place all of your photos into a folder on your computer. You can organize photos into subfolders to make albums [in this example the name for this folder is (my Photos) placed on the Desktop.]
- Select "Sync Photos from."
- Select "Choose folder" from the pop-up menu and choose the folder (my photos) where you stored your photos.
- Click Apply.
2. From a Mac or Windows PC to your device using photo applications
- Select "Sync Photos from."
- Choose the application you want to sync photos from in the pop up menu.
- Choose to sync all photos or selected photos.
- Click Apply.
How to delete synced photos from iPhone
To delete all synced photos, deselect "Sync Photos from" and, when asked, click "Remove photos."
All pointes on iOS 8 have been updeted